Well continuing the series of my all time favorites ... it is not really my favorites but movies which were a part of my growth ...or which had an high impact during that phase of my life and stayed on ....
the next in the series would be .....
2. Pretty Woman
Well , this was a very iconic movie .. it was sometime when I was in my 1st or my 2nd PUC , studying in National college Jayanagar ..and then we were a gang of 4 .. myself , Naresh , Deepak and Praveen with whom I went out for the first English movie. This was in Rex Theater - Brigade road Bangalore.
I was always a Bollywood fan and the only few English movies i knew was Sound of Music , or the movies which my dad used to take me ( once per month .. I saw a lot of movies like Sound of Music , Bullet Train , Where Eagles Dare ..etc with him . )
But somehow Pretty Woman remains iconic , for lot of reasons .. it was my first outing with a gang of friends , first movie which was sweet , romantic and naughty at the same time. It was first time when I felt very hep , you know college guys hanging around together , going for a English movie ... having Thumbs up in our hands ... felt good .
About the movie , well it still remains a very well reviewed and one of the must see movies in any English movie chart. After this I guess a dozen movies have been done in both Hollywood and Bollywood with the same theme but I don't think they can ever match the original. Story wise very simple ... Rich guy meets a prostitute .. likes her ..and converts her to being more social and adapts her to fit into his society and finally falls in love with her.. So sweet !!!! watch it ..you wont be dissapointed.
One more nice memory I have here , is after the movie the 3 guys( not me ) decided to have a hamburger ...and I was like what in the world is that ... and since I was on a limited pocket money those days , was trying my best to avoid this new indulgence which people where talking about. But one of them sensed it and said ..just hang on with us .don't worry you can pitch in later ... so I thought what it so special .. And that was my first visit to INDIANA'S just opposite to REX ..... and I was doomed ..they had the best burgers in town .. I ordered a vegetarian Burger and he gave it to me with a bottle of mayonnaise ..and YUM YUM YUM .. that was the best mayonnaise I ever had in my life .. I mean we emptied like 2.5 bottles of mayonnaise with 4 burgers. People were wondering if we are eating Burgers with Mayonnaise or the other way around.
That is when i found out the first famous dine out place in Bangalore - INDIANA'S ..and after that I am not sure how many times I have gone there and introduced several of my friends to Indiana's .. Sad that in my last trip to Bangalore i found that it has been closed.
Like all good things which have to end , i guess this was also one of them ..
but whenever I think of Pretty Woman .. all this comes to my mind ..the friends the movie and the burger ...I would say one of my most memorable days of my life where I felt very nice and slept with a big smile :))).. and I still have a smile writing and sharing all this ...!!!!!!
thats it for now ,, more later ......
No comments:
Post a Comment